I am having a look into Ecstatic..

What is the philosophy behind the comment in ETSite>>generateHtml ...

    "We copy all input files into the output directory to not make the
input dirty.
     We copy all because the site will need not only pillar files but
also other
     resources such as images or css files."

That is, what is it that makes the input dirty?

Also, ETSite>>configuration has the lines...

    cocoon inputFiles: (self outputDirectory
        allChildren select: [ :each | each extension = 'pillar' ]).

which seems strange to be taking input files from the output directory.

cheers -ben