Hi Peter,

This is similar to what I was thinking of delving into, although I was thinking differently than file-sharing. I was thinking more modified blockchain sharing.

My plans are to revive an old project of mine: http://www.squeaksource.com/squeakelib/, which depends on Cryptography. I am interested in implementing NIO as well. This is all infrastructure stuff, layers 4, 5 and 6. WebSockets may be all you need.

As any flow system needs a control layer, add a couple of layers above the application layer: market/cloud and meta layers, used to contain apps and specify the peer2peer graph and formats.

There's some other stuff, too. I don't know if this interests you.

thanks,
Robert