On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 8:11 AM, Thierry Goubier <thierry.goub...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Hernàn,
>
> I'm not familiar with the use of ssh-agent. Could it interfere with
> someone using his own keys (i.e. without ssh-agent)? Would this be
> necessary for linux or mac use of ssh-agent, or is ssh / git correctly done
> on those platforms to query ssh-agent on its own if it is already running?

I'm using ssh-agent on both windows and linux, and having aforementioned
variables (SSH_AGENT_PID, SSH_AUTH_SOCK) in the environment is enough for
git to automatically use it, no need to prefix it.

In any case I have notes about the implementation:

1. it assumes that it runs only on windows (it looks like this should be
generic code)
2. it assumes that ssh-agent will be always installed in a specific path,
it should rely on PATH instead
3: Windows has its own system for global env variables, so why not use
that?
So instead of doing some process lookups you simply get $Env:SSH_AUTH_SOCK"
(well, I use powershell... but the bat version is I think %SSH_AUTH_SOCK%)

Peter