Well, personally, I far prefer Mercurial.  Which also dethroned SVN.

Mercurial has all the power of Git, while providing a more usable API.
My mind works like a Smalltalker's, not like Linus's.

It's true, some of the more abstruse functions of git require a longer
chain of user actions in Mercurial in order to achieve the same end.
But typically, the more common functions are more memorable in
Mercurial than in git, and my typical use-cases for a DSCM system are
less involved than that of the Linux core.