What does "on the JVM" mean? Java itself is a crummy cargo cult of a language.
The only reason it has traction is for building mobile phone apps. Specifically
android. Java isn't the only way to build a mobile phone app on android though.
It is perfectly possible to build android applications using other tools. You
can even build them using HyperCard thanks to runtime revolution. I would
suggest what would be more valuable is a shell that can run pharo apps packaged
as mobile apps.

Sent from the road