Hi,

On 29/12/15 06:01, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:

I think in case of Pillar makes sense to create something in Pharo because the existing solutions are not that powerful anyway with the notable exception of Latex which is something that Pillar can use and inline anyway. Personally I love Pillar, the syntax, installation and the general usage is super simple.

If you're on Mac/Linux. Windows is another story.

I also think that having a documentation frameworks instead of using one from another language is a must have because documentation is super important and you should not be limited by what people do in other languages and its not that complex to implement like for example version control.

Agreed.

Of course Pillar is somewhere in between because on one hand yes its a Pharo implementation but on the other it depends on Latex for the creation of pdfs, so I think overall its a very well designed frameworks with very good syntax, small learning curve and enormous abilities because of the latex integration.

Same as Pandoc.

So to answer your question

Why Pillar ?

Because its awesome :)