Hi  Robert,

First, the option to execute pharo headless is “—headless” (two “-“, not just
one). Maybe the help is bad :)
But that will not solve your problem at all, since headless mode is fake and in
case of windows it will open anyway a window (in the systray if you are
lucky…).

However, I managed (some years ago, so do not ask for details ;) to run a pharo
app as a service using this program: http://rozanski.org.uk/services
<http://rozanski.org.uk/services>
here is an article that explains how to use it:
http://www.howtogeek.com/50786/using-srvstart-to-run-any-application-as-a-windows-service/

<http://www.howtogeek.com/50786/using-srvstart-to-run-any-application-as-a-windows-service/>
(I do not remember how I did it and it would be nice if you can share your
experience, so we can have documentation somewhere :P)

Also I googled a bit and according to this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3582108/create-windows-service-from-executable

<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3582108/create-windows-service-from-executable>,
 looks like the “microsoft” way of doing it is using a command “sc”. I suppose
that command will not work if your program is not prepared for being a service,
but you can give it a try (first approach *will* work, anyway :P)

Hope this works… please keep us informed.
Esteban