Hi,

Thanks for the question, Tbh we didnt even think about bypassing it. Still
we gave it a though because of your mail and we feel like doing so would
create some problems. Mainly because its already coded like that in other
languages, and a >4GB files wouldn't be able to be used with other
languages so it would be restricted to pharo.

Nicolas