> On 10 Mar 2016, at 3:01 , Peter Uhnák <i.uh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> "Nice article. But asBit has existed in @SqueakSmalltalk since at least 2004.
> Why not say so?"
> https://twitter.com/bertfreudenberg/status/707922868273856512
> <https://twitter.com/bertfreudenberg/status/707922868273856512>
>
> And indeed, in Pharo I see it added on 27.3. and 28.12.2012 (why almost a
> year difference?)
>
> And in Squeak I see it added 1.7.2004 (although they don't have it in Boolean
> class).
>
> The rest of the Boolean class looks pretty identical to the letter (including
> comments), so it makes one wonder why wasn't this copied over.
>
> Peter

It was, the same version of asBit you find in Squeak was present in Pharo 1.4
and earlier.
Though, uncategorized, and without the subclassResponsibility implementation on
Boolean.

2.0 development was hectic, hard to tell if it was cleaned away and then
re-added/invented ( I think it may have, I seem to remember it being an
extension in NB for awhile)
The source compaction that happened at 2.0 release removed any lingering traces
of the old version, either way attributing Anthony Hannan as well wouldn't be
entirely out of place.

Either way, a beautiful bit of code!

Cheers,
Henry