Better name it "Pharo OpenGL ES" so people don't get confused why some of
their OpenGL code does not work. You won't finds docs about it , the guy
that made it rarely frequents this forums anymore and his code is based on
a api that is no longer included and supported by Pharo because it was
doing a lot of machine code stuff that was very hard to maintain.

My advise is don't worry about backward compatibility , make it easy, make
it simple. Don't be afraid to code some of it in C if you have to.
Sometimes it's far easier to use C than Pharo. Pharo is no magic wand.

And foremost ask a ton of questions. We love questions.