Mark Bestley <s...@bestley.co.uk> writes:

> where can you get a ready to run Pharo Launcher from (I am interested in
> OSX but other OSes should be answered as well). I would like a Pharo 5

what do you mean exactly? Pharo Launcher is implemented on top of Pharo
4, not Pharo 5. But you should not care about that (it could also be
implemented in Rebol and that shouldn't impact you). If you are about
launching Pharo 5 images, that's already possible will all launchers
built during the last months.

http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pharo/PharoLauncher

> 64 bit one

Pharo vm is 32 bits only for now. But this should also not be a problem.
Most of us run Pharo on a 64 bit system.

> to try but I can understand only a Pharo 4 one being advertised.
>
> I looked on the Pharo Downloads page <http://pharo.org/download> and
> could not find it.

http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pharo/PharoLauncher

> Googling just gives announcements of it and old messages for email
> lists. and latest is
> <https://pharoweekly.wordpress.com/2016/01/15/pharo-launcher-spur-and-prespur/>
>
> which gives the Smalltalk Hub  link which is not much help to getting
> started

you can just download the latest launcher from the "How to install" section.

> I suspect it just needs a small edit to the downloads page to make it
> findable for me but if it is to be used as an entry point then perhaps
> it need to be made more obvious on the pharo.org pages.

several persons believe the launcher is not ready to be the default
download for everyone. Unfortunately, nobody has time to work on it.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill