In my case is just personal preference none the less Spec has ways to wrap
morphs to Spec widgets so you should be able to build Spec widgets using
Morphic for more flexibility. You dont have to decide to use Spec or
Morphic, you can use both. Last time I checked Spec came with examples on
how to do this and I think Spec docs also mention this.

Also I think Athens is very good at rendering text (because its wraps
around the Cairo library)  , so maybe you can take advantage of that though
I suspect Bloc may be even better choice in this case because it is based
on Athens and it is fully compatible with Morphic.

There is also a text widget that is being build that is much more flexible
with handling text

https://vimeo.com/67752734

Be advised though that both Bloc and TxText are far from finished