Ok, i understand. The Spec famework is under development so it changes
frequently.

Regarding my problem - thanks to Denis Kudriashov - the solution is simple:

initializeWidgets
        locationField := LocationFieldMorph new asSpecAdapter.
        "adding these two lines below forces morph to occupy all layout cell"
        locationField morph vResizing: #spaceFill.
        locationField morph hResizing: #spaceFill.

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 06:26:41 -0800 (PST)
"jfabry [via Smalltalk]" <ml-node+s1294792n4922070...@n4.nabble.com> wrote:

> I understand what you are asking, in previous versions of the documentation
> we had something like this. However this turned out to be a bad idea since
> this is too closely linked to the actual implementation. Making internal
> changes to the Spec interpreter means that this documentation also needs to
> be updated. We don’t have the resources for that, sadly this documentation
> became out of date and simply wrong so we had to remove it.
>
> So for what you are asking the code is the only reference, sorry.
>
> --
> Does this mail seem too brief? Sorry for that, I don’t mean to be rude!
> Please see http://emailcharter.org <http://emailcharter.org/> .
>
> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of
> Chile
>
> > On 06 Nov 2016, at 18:23, vikenti <vikenti.pota...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Maybe you can give some brief explanaition how to create Spec-compatible
> > custom UI control? (Like TextModel or ButtonModel, etc.) How to create
> > model class, corresponding adapter and how to process common and custom UI
> > events (mouse\keyboard\focus ordering\changing).
> > I think such guide should also be included in Spec booklet.

С уважением,
Викентий Потапов

http://vikenti.ru
тел.: +7 (917) 880 25 07 (г. Казань)