> On 31 Mar 2017, at 19:38, Dimitris Chloupis <kilon.al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 at 19:13, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:
> if you copy/paste something you should give a reference
>

> I did not copy paste anything, 100 % mine. What part you think it's copy ?

Ah, sorry then, the formatting seemed to suggest it came from somewhere else.

BTW, I don't think the hybrid part is a real thing.

Although I understand that static typed languages like C, C++, Java and so many
others have their place and use, people in those languages spend an awful
amount of time and code dealing with the types they love so much. The modern
static languages with all their magic are even worse. And even in a nice static
typed program that compiles with no warnings, there are still dynamic errors
lurking everywhere. The world cannot be defined in a static way.

The dynamic type errors that you get in Pharo during development are 95% plain
logic errors, once you fix those and write some unit tests, a Pharo program is
just as stable and reliable as anything else that is well written, tested and
debugged.

And I love Igor's "Don't ask, tell" idea - right on target.

Anyway, that is my personal opinion, I don't want to convince you.

Sven