Hi Udo,

> On 11 May 2017, at 21:37, Udo Schneider <udo.schnei...@homeaddress.de> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> I'm hitting an error where fetching web content fails. The website does
> indeed use invalid characters.
>
> The easiest way to reproduce:
>
> ZnEasy get:
> 'http://www.darkreading.com/partner-perspectives/malwarebytes/locky-returns-with-a-new-(borrowed)-distribution-method/a/d-id/1328723'
>
> Is there any way to tell Zinc to simply ignore that error and to continue?
>
> CU,
>
> Udo

That server/page has a mime-type text/plain with no explicit encoding (charset)
setting, so we have to guess. Like utf-8, pure latin1/iso88591 does not work.
The following does work, but you can't be sure everything went well (beLenient
takes some bytes as they are).

ZnDefaultCharacterEncoder
  value: ZnCharacterEncoder latin1 beLenient
  during: [
    ZnClient new
      get:
'http://www.darkreading.com/partner-perspectives/malwarebytes/locky-returns-with-a-new-(borrowed)-distribution-method/a/d-id/1328723';

      yourself ].

I added some API earlier today, so that the following should also work (you
need to load Zn #bleedingEdge first).

ZnClient new
  defaultEncoder: ZnCharacterEncoder latin1 beLenient;
  get:
'http://www.darkreading.com/partner-perspectives/malwarebytes/locky-returns-with-a-new-(borrowed)-distribution-method/a/d-id/1328723';
  yourself.

HTH,