Sorry for being late with my reply. Comments at the bottom.

> Am 22.06.2017 um 20:01 schrieb askoh <as...@askoh.com>:
>
> Norbert:
>
> I appreciate you explanation of Amber and PharoJS. I feel at a lost
> understanding the plethora of Smalltalk + Web frameworks. Is there a place
> where there is a pros and cons comparison of frameworks:
> Seaside, SqueakJS, PharoJS, Amber, Caffeine, VisualWorks Appex, Illiad,
> Aida, Teapot, etc?
>
> The sheer number of frameworks just makes it difficult for anyone to commit.
> It is terrifying. Can we discuss and consolidate the best features into one
> or two and kill the rest?

No, I don't think that would work. The web is a combination of resource linking
and remote procedure calls. Web technology is really complex and is able to
serve a huge amount of use cases. I don't think there can be one framework
solving all the problems for all the use cases. So every framework focusses on
a different aspect.
I would turn your comment around. If you want to be successful in the web
environment you need to learn about the fibres it is made of. As soon as you
dive into I think all those frameworks will separate before your eyes quickly.

Maybe it is good that you first come up with a problem you want to solve. With
that specific information there are a lot of people here that can guide you.
I'm being one of them. So just ask.

Hope that helps,

Norbert