Thanks to share the article.

Alan Kay thought can be hard to follow, especially considering, in one hand, his main foci are education, educating, authoring media, and in the other hand, his audience is mainly in the computer field without much notion about education & al.

His main vision, about computerized authoring tool to enlighten the mind is a strong and exciting assertion. In this vision, the users will build their own model to explore a given concept. Etoys was really what came close to this idea, with medias you can interconnect to build simulation, model, etc. It let you build these things more easily than any programming tool. However I am wondering if even talented young students or teachers can really embrace it. I know talented teachers and I doubt they could do it with Etoys. May be Etoys was just itching the surface of this vision.

Hilaire