"Let's start with the misconception that namespaces are about modularisation

Stephan "

  Well I can only for speak for Python because is where I used  namespaces
the most and the language I am most experienced with. Namespaces in python
are merely objects that come with a collection of method speciallised in
the handling of source code files , individuals and in collection with all
the objects contained in them , cause everything in python apart from the
core synstax are object.

Last time I checked, objects even in Pharo are abour modularistation so it
stands to reason that at least in Python namespaces are too.

Maybe your refer to something else ?