Op 13-11-2017 om 02:55 schreef Викентий Потапов:
I'm very lazy and i like to read rich manuals more than to
investigate complex code. I think it is much more natural when you
don't need to study the whole system before you can do simple things.

The "thriving on chaos" kind of development with fast change we do in Pharo is not likely to develop many artifacts like that. The parts that stabilize develop them, and the ones that are in flux don't.

An issue might be that Pharo is slightly different in so many ways, and you are confronted with much more change than you are used to with VW. It takes time to adapt to a situation where continuous learning is needed and wanted, and the time where VW changed so fast is long over.

For example, i don't want to waste lots of time to understand what is
the difference between bloc and spec, i want to read few paragraphs
of manual and look into some class comments, and than do the task. So
i think you made a great progress in this direction with Spec - the
manual is very clear and allows developing UI with minimal efforts -
just to read some abstracts from manual.

Another difference is that in Pharo the development is transparent, you see all the new ideas and prototypes, good and bad. That is totally different from closed source development, where you only get a chance to react to things that are more or less finished. On the one hand that means you waste time on things that turn out to be bad ideas, on the other hand you have actual influence on how Pharo develops.

But in some areas i need to ask somebody who knows much more than i
do. And i don't think there could be "dumb questions",  but a
_lack_of_information_. Also, when something is evident to one - it
could be not so evident to another person. That is why i ask such
simple things.

There is no assumption of dumb questions. We assume we fail to document well enough. The questions were good enough and for some parts our answers are not yet good enough. We improve and continue to improve. The way we are now able to quickly create booklets about a subject is much better than what we did before.

Also i became accustomed to the situation when platform implements
some basic stuff like i wrote earlier (UI tools, i18n, deployment,
etc) and it was not evident to me that such modern system as Pharo
cannot do it, so i asked about it.

One of our fallacies is wanting to do things better than existing systems. That sometimes results in parts that are in development for too long, and having to live with parts that are not finished. Also, open source frameworks are often only finished to the level needed for the original author's application.

I have seen that Pharo is powerful system but i need to decide what
to do: 1) create some personal solution based on different answers
above. Lots of code investigations, coding and debugging (fixing
existed bugs that are not on pharo roadmap).

I find the Pharo community is open to fixing bugs and answering questions. Open source definitely has the property that you are much more likely to get help if you show that you have tried to find a solution. Being less close to a large concentration of Pharo developers I've found it very useful to show what I have been playing with and where I'm running into.

2) wait until some
release of Pharo fix bugs with non-latin paths, implement minimal
level of integrated with UI framework i18n and deployment\packaging
of applications.

Pharo is improving at a speed with which I'm certain that will happen. It will be sooner if you make Pharo yours, and help us get there.

Stephan