> On 23 Nov 2017, at 12:56 , Herby Vojčík <he...@mailbox.sk> wrote:
>
> Pardon my question, I have downloaded it and looked at it, but I don't get
> it. What does it do / what are the use cases (honest question)?

I also was completely confused by what the launcher was for.  And when I tried
it, it did not seem to load.  Now that I know what it is for, it is very
useful.  So I will try to explain the basics.

The launcher is not a project that you load into your Pharo image.  It is
stand-alone command line tool that you use for creating and managing your
images.  It lets you quickly and easily:

download the latest pre-built Pharo image and create your own copy.
you can choose from Pharo 6.1 stable or Pharo 7 development
You can choose 64 or 32 bit
manage multiple images on your computer
Launch (with the right VM), with and without your personal settings,
Delete old images
run multiple images in parallel

The “Save as ...” command in Pharo is unfortunately not at this time compatible
with the launcher, so if you create a new image using Save As ..., it will not
show up in the launcher.

You should be able to launch the launcher by double-clicking on it from your
OS.  In MacOS, I have it in the dock.

Perhaps someone can put some text like what I have written above on the web
page?  We often assume that people know ... well, they mostly don’t!

        Andrew