On 4 March 2018 at 20:08, Hilaire <hila...@drgeo.eu> wrote:

> Le 04/03/2018 à 11:13, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :
>
>> In our community, Pavel is the person that has the bigger experience on
>> shrinking process images. I followed his work for years and I know the
>> fragility of the process. Basically each new addition/removal was breaking
>> it and needing dependency tracking, etc. Now is the opposite: you just add
>> what you want, and you are sure the resulting image is a) healthy and b)
>> identical when running.
>>

> Indeed it is fragile. And given the latest image size, not sure it could
> lead to satisfactory results.

I understood that to mean that getting a minimal image via automated
stripping was more fragile than bootstrapping,
and with bootstrapping we are now on a better path.   And Pharo is
transitioning a few tools.
Nautilus-->Calypso and Morphic-->Bloc.  Obviously old and new overlap for a
time.  So it should get better.

cheers -ben