Le 06/03/2018 à 11:55, Guillermo Polito a écrit :

In any case, I only wanted to say that it is unfair to say that Pharo is big when "you only load your packages". And I feel that's not true, if you're using the graphical environment, you need display, bitblt, morphic, widgets. As soon as you need to dynamically run scripts you need the compiler and parsing machinery. As soon as you write any program you mostly need many core libraries (just think about collections).

It is not unfair, it is just a reality. First version of DrGeo image on Pharo, including display, bitblt, morphic, widgets, compiler, parser was bellow 10MB (including DrGeo code)[1]. Now the question that matter for me, can I get back toward this fair size or close to?

I don't buy on the argument we have plenty of place, who cares. It is wrong. It is with this kind of argument we will lead to the exhaustion of the planet Earth resources[2].

Hilaire

[1] https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/file/28307/DrGeo.app-11.03.zip
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebound_effect_(conservation)

--