Hi Andrei

> I wonder if there is a generic solution to keeping certain Pharo project in
> sync with development tree.
> For example when I want to get latest Roassal I execute
> Gofer it
> smalltalkhubUser: 'ObjectProfile' project: 'Roassal2';
> package: 'Roassal2';
> package: 'Roassal2GT';
> package: 'Trachel';
> load.
>
> Also I wouldn't know this unless the maintainers (thanks Alexandre!) of the
> project told me what script to execute to get the latest version.
> If I went to Project Catalog I can only get the stable version and if I go
> and find Roassal2 it won't give me information how to get its latest
> version.
>
> How would I get info about how to update, say Roassal given the script above
> from some Roassal project public page?
> Talking about Roassal, if I go to
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~ObjectProfile/Roassal2/ page, it offers the
> following script:
> Gofer it smalltalkhubUser: 'ObjectProfile' project: 'Roassal2';
> configurationOf: 'Roassal2'; loadDevelopment
>
> Which is probably not exactly equal to the script above (or is it?).
>
> So, is there a generic way to get a latest version of some XYZ package?
> What do I need to learn to be able to get that information about any Pharo
> project (other than asking the community)? Something similar to "git pull"
> when you know the repository.

Right now the solution AFAIK is to search the web for the most updated
installation script.
But that's one of the main ideas behind PI

https://github.com/hernanmd/pi

So tomorrow there could be a Donatello tool and the pi command will be
the same for dev and stable.
Feel free to contribute or submit issues, propose changes, etc.

Cheers,

Hernán