On 13 April 2018 at 17:49, Benoit St-Jean via Pharo-users <
pharo-users@lists.pharo.org> wrote:

> [...]

Thanks for those.  I don't much time right to devote, but managed to knock
one off.
And I learn't something new.  I'd not known there was a setting for screen
background.

The other ones seem related to a problem dealing with user home folders
containing non-ascii characters.
Currently this seems only to affect a small number of people, but is a show
stopper for them,
and the numbers will grow with our hoped for growing popularity.

As a work around, in the PharoLauncher settings can you set the directories
like
C:\PharoLauncher\images
C:\PharoLaucnher\vms
and report if that helps.

Note, I bumped into an issue changing that setting myself recently where it
tries to migrate
the existing images from the old to the new folder, causing a catch-22 when
your trying
to do that to work around other problems.  To work around that, I had to
scroll
down the debug stack to find where the migration was iterating through the
image folders,
and short circuit that with "Return entered value" from the context menu.
Any value
will do when the return value is not used.  good luck.

@PharoLauncher maintainers, can the change in this setting be made to
succeed even if the migration fails.
(I need to run right now)

cheers -ben