Hi,

I try to figure out this matter. I am just new to this domain so excuse me for the obvious the errors.

To broadcast an IP, this seems to work:

| socket |

socket := Socket newUDP.
socket setOption: 'SO_BROADCAST' value: true.
10 timesRepeat: [
    socket sendUDPData: '10.7.2.1'  toHost: #[255 255 255 255] port: 9999.
    (Delay forSeconds: 1) wait.
     ].
socket closeAndDestroy.

Then I can listen from the shell: with: nc -ulk 9999

Now for the listener part, I wrote something like:

| socket data |
socket := Socket newUDP.
socket connectTo: NetNameResolver loopBackAddress port: 9999.
socket waitForConnectionFor: 2.
[data := socket receiveDataTimeout: 5.
data crLog] ensure: [ socket closeAndDestroy]

But I got an error when connecting the socket, the debugger message is:

"InvalidSocketStatusException: Socket status must Unconnected before opening a new connection"

So far I don't see understand this error. Port 9999 is not in use, and running again after this error the broadcast code does not lead to an error.

Any idea?

Thanks

Hilaire

--