Print-evaluate this:
'<?xml version="1.0"?>

and you should get (with any recent XMLParser lib):

If you don't want entity replacement, set #replacesContentEntityReferences: to
false. Also consider using XMLParser's built-in file reading support:
#parseFileNamed:/#onFileNamed:. They work cross platform (Squeak, GS), and
handle character decoding.

___
montyos.wordpress.com