Hi Tim,

> Le 26 juin 2018 à 03:00, Ben Coman <b...@openinworld.com> a écrit :
>
> On 26 June 2018 at 06:17, Tim Mackinnon <tim@testit.works
> <mailto:tim@testit.works>> wrote:
> Hi everyone - at tonights month UK Smalltalk Meetup, we got some nice
> compliments on the state of Pharo (the participants - all ex small talkers -
> although ex in so much as they fondly remembered it and wanted to use it for
> something relevant now because they enjoyed it in the past).
>
> Anyway, one interesting comment stuck out - he had downloaded Pharo (having
> used Visual Age 15+ years ago) and was a bit overwhelmed with what laugher
> presented to him. He didn’t hate it - but was initially a bit lost as to what
> it all meant and how to start… he figured it out, but I thought the feedback
> was interesting and made me think that maybe we need some form of intro
> wizard to get people off to a quick start but leave them confident enough
> that they might come back and try a Pharo 7 or Moose etc.
>
> I encouraged him to post something on here, but thoughtI would note it (as it
> seems quite easy to fix) as an idea while it was fresh in my mind.
>

> A welcome tutorial is a good idea.  And btw, the sort of idea that only comes
> from broader use of PharoLauncher.

Thanks for the feedback.
We also got this feedback from students. We know we have to improve the UI by
simplifying it.
Our idea was to only provide a window with a toolbar and the list of images as
the main Pharo Launhcer window.
On this windows, clicking on the + button will open a « wizard » like the one
for creating repositories in Iceberg. There you could choose to create an image
from « featured images » or ci, etc.

It would lower a lot the cognitive charge of the current window.
We just need time to implement it.

Cheers,
Christophe