Good point on the potential projects collision (aside: that does nothing in
Calypso at the moment right?).

I was thinking that in Eclipse or IntelliJ, when you launch the IDE and go to
do something, you create a “new project” and typically identify it as a a web
project, or Java spring project (so effectively Templates).

We kind of do that too don’t we? A moose project or a seaside project (although
we seem to load more stuff from scratch these days - but potentially maybe
we’re missing a trick of not helping someone create a fresh baselineOf to point
to some pre-loaded assets in a template image?).

I know we often think more about a blank canvas and then explore and pull stuff
in as we find it - but if we’re trying to build a bridge for newcomers
(particularly students who use other similarish tools) then this terminology is
what they would expect.

Going back to Ben’s point - what then is the project in Calypso.

Is my project - eg. PagerDutyWeb is the main project in my image, and it
depends on sub projects like Seaside,Willow and NeoJson - or are those latter
items libraries?

I’m not actually clear on what our terminology is.

In writing this, it’s usefully got me thinking that when I create a Launcher
image (project?), rather than name it after the template, as in “Pharo 6.1
(stable)”, this should really be meta data on a directory and image called
“PagerDuty”.

We have a crude form of that in a file called description.txt, but maybe that
should be called image.json and have fields for description, template, build,
createdDate etc.

Of course this is a bit more work - but as you build up a list of images, it
would be handier to manage them better.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone