Hi,
i guess i can subsume almost everything i know about hashes in one sentence:
it is my understanding that two objects that are equal (obj1=obj2.
-->true) have to have the same hash value (which is used for some
collection types), whereas objects where obj1=obj2 returns false should
have different hash values although it may happen that they have the
same one.

now here things don't turn out exactly like that:
(1 to:4) = #(1 2 3 4). "true"
(1 to:4)hash = #(1 2 3 4)hash. "false"
well ok, actually these results make - pfffh, in a certain way - sense
to me, but i wonder what arguments the people in the know would use to
defend that result, if i would have another opinion?
werner