Hi Andres,
<g> that is the kind of argument i was looking for, as i thought i would
have a similar situation as in my small example and wondered whether i
could keep my slightly incongruent definition of #= and #hash, but in a
way your examples show that my problem is different, iow i should change
my implementation & i have changed it.
werner