> On 2 Dec 2018, at 12:00, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:
>

>> On 2 Dec 2018, at 11:31, Hilaire <hila...@drgeo.eu> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ichi,
>>
>> If you are learning Pharo I suggest you to not follow this way for now
>> as it may result in cognitive overload and frustration.
>
> Although the workflow described below does indeed work, it
>
> (1) assumes you already know how to handle a classic VCS on the command line
> (2) does not give you elementary diff tools in the IDE that understand your
> programming language
>
> So I don't think it is 'the (better) way to go'.
>
> In my experience, using Iceberg in the image, combined with the GitHub Web UI
> and the git command line tools, works really well, once you 'get' it. Yes,
> there is a learning curve as with anything.

Yes, as Sven said, Hilaire’s approach can work better for people that already
knows Monticello, and because of that they are initially more confortable with
it.

Today, I would suggest you to start with iceberg: declare your project, add
your packages and do commits/pushs from there.

Yes, you need some insight of what is git and how it work. But I’d argue that’s
something you will need with anything :)

Esteban