--- Begin Message ---
Hi Dario

As far as I know there was an issue with the older VM's on Mac OS X where the
graphics subsystem changed, causing that blank/black screen.

You will probably be able to use a different VM and make it work.
I've got some older Pharo 1.2.2 images and either
CogMT.3390.app (Squeak Cog 4.0.3390)
or maybe even one of the other mac vm's from around that time will work.

Cheers
Carlo