I don't think so...  In the early 1900's some of the finest and most
sought-after automobiles were battery-powered electrics:
https://www.curbed.com/2017/9/22/16346892/electric-car-history-fritchle

You want to associate with the prestige of being a manly, winning, race car?
Okay:
Sept 7, 1896: The very first automobile race held on a track in the U.S. was
won by... an electric car.
https://insideevs.com/news/339638/on-this-day-in-ev-history-electric-car-wins-us-first-auto-race/

It does fit your premise:  One third of our grandparents (for those of us
>50 at least) drove electric cars [opcit].  Then their popularity waned as
ICE vehicles grabbed everyone's attention.  Now, e-cars are all the rage
again.

Tesla is *the* aspirational vehicle: Last year GM sales declined 2.3%.  Last
year Ford sales declined 3%.  Tesla sales?  Tesla sales not only increased
last year, but have grown 47 *times* in 7 years!  Holy smokes!!! Talk about
explosive success and popularity!
https://cleantechnica.com/2020/01/03/tesla-sales-grew-47x-in-7-years/

Everyone dreams of owning a Tesla.  (I'm buying mine next year, when my Bolt
goes off lease...)  Those other cars are "unobtainium".  Flights of fancy.
Dream about them?  Maybe, but no one is every serious about actually buying
one and driving it for themselves.

Electric cars are a "disruptive" technology in the process of remaking the
auto industry world-wide -- and all for the better.

And so it is with Smalltalk, yes?  I suggest associating Smalltalk with a
real-world, world-changing, growing-in-popularity technology that's taking
people from skeptical nay-sayers to enthusiastic true believers -- not a
pie-in-the-sky, would-be-nice-but-can't-happen-to-me bit of
testosterone-infused wimsy.  Smalltalk is The Real Deal.  Something you can
obtain and DRIVE!