Thanks for responding. I won’t say that I’m not screwing up as I’ve had severe
health problems (impacting both physical and cognitive abilities to the point
that I am permanently on US government disability).

Even so, I did the Squeak from the very start
[https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6601A198DF14788D
<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6601A198DF14788D>] videos some years
ago, and as far as I can tell, I can still understand Smalltalk and its
features to that level.

The “do it and go” yields the same “#new was sent to nil” error.

Note that “do it” doesn’t give an error. “inspect does” — the “#new was sent to
nil”

As before,

ingredientsXML = nil.

returns “false”

This could be a plugin issue in Mac Catalina as Apple has added all sorts of
arcane security features with the new OS.

Or it just could be my literally crippled brain not seeing something obvious
due to the fallout from my health issues.

I have no way of knowing (obviously)

Thanks for responding.

I had hoped to do new videos discussing the neat features of Pharo similar to
the “very start” videos, but since I can’t get things started, obviously I
can’t make new "from the very start” videos either.