Hi Ben,

> El 9 feb 2020, a las 21:01, Ben Coman <b...@openinworld.com> escribió:
>
> > This list is for people to *ask* questions about Pharo. Not to diffuse any
> > kind of propaganda (pharo related or not).
>
> This list is not just for asking questions.  There are plenty of [ANN] posts
> advertising new libraries
> and blogs articles.  Following completion of the competition, the MIT
> licensed code repository will be announced here.
> Hopefully it may provide an engaging exercise for Pharo teachers to their
> with their students.

I know, and I don’t mind announcements from time to time.
But announcements are generally marked with [ANN], and are kind of self
explanatory.
The mail Richard sent is, and I’m sorry to be harsh, spam.

> > I have the feeling this list has been lately flooded with such off-topic
> > messages.
>
> Unfortunately the original post was quite bare and failed to show how it was
> Pharo-topical.
> So I can understand how it triggered you.  I hope the additional background
> info provided here alleviates some of your concern about it.

Maybe. Maybe Richard could work his emails a bit more?

I’ll quote his original email:

> > El 8 feb 2020, a las 19:12, Richard Kenneth Eng <horrido.hobb...@gmail.com
> > <mailto:horrido.hobb...@gmail.com>> escribió:
> >
> > Round 1 — #1 Leading Team: https://youtu.be/QWHeN5WXfBQ
> > <https://youtu.be/QWHeN5WXfBQ>
> >
> > I'm actually quite amazed by their effort. They surpassed my expectations.
> >
> > At the risk of sounding immodest, I think this is a terrific way to promote
> > Smalltalk (Pharo). I think the video is an absolute blast.
> >
> > Richard

I particularly, who hasn’t followed the competition, am completely lost with
this email.
With the risk of sounding harsh, again, but trying to give some feedback
Richard can work on:
- The subject does not imply it is an announcement, nor what the results are
related to or how they got there
- For those that are not following this competition: what is this round 1? Are
there many of them? What is this about? are there many teams?
- There is no single link to the competition website, what this is about,
whoever contributed to it...
- Clicking on the link gives a video with a title that is as ambiguous as this
email :(
- I check the description of the video: what is there in the video? not clear.
How will it appear in a youtube search in the future?
   At least it seems there are links to the website...
   Yet, Really? do I have to watch the video before I can know if this is
interesting for me or not? :P

Happily these points could be addressed in the future.

> So with this additional perspective, may one post a week be allowed to share
> the progress of the competition?

Can the posts have better quality? :/

Still, I’d feel more confortable with an alternative, such as using discord.
What about having a dedicated #jmrpc channel on discord where people could ask
questions too?

What about twitter? I havent seen this on twitter. Is it there?

Now, I already spent too much on this :)
Time to get back to something productive.

Cheers,
Guille