From: Pharo-users <pharo-users-boun...@lists.pharo.org> On Behalf Of Tomaž Turk
Sent: 08 April 2020 07:58
To: Any question about pharo is welcome <pharo-users@lists.pharo.org>
Subject: Re: [Pharo-users] Automation of MS Office from Pharo

Thanks, Stephane, for the acknowledgement. Peter, as I understand, the limits
in COM BSTR data type are defined by the header's length prefix (which is 4
bytes) and software implementatios - for instance, string data type in Visual
Basic for Applications is described as "a variable-length string can contain up
to approximately 2 billion (2^31) characters", which is in line with the BSTR
header. I'm not sure if the OS architecture (32 and 64 bit) influences these
values.

Best wishes,

Tomaz