> I'm thinking about implementing a software solution in Pharo (as one of the
candidate environments), it's
> a project that I'm dealing with professionally. The goal is to develop a
> financial planning/simulation
> application on the country level, which is at present developed as a set
> of interrelated Excel spreadsheets.
> The requirement is that the solution should be more "manageable",
> resilient and straightforward than
> Excel permits, that it should present a workflow to the user - i.e. , that
> the tasks the user should do are
> suggested through the GUI.

Thanks again for all the ideas regarding my project. So far I prepared the
domain model and all the calculations. The model might be changed in the
future, but that's basically it. Now I'm going to focus on the user's
workflow and GUI.

I have to say that I'm positively surprised by Pharo. Besides Pharo, I
explored the feasibility of using other environments for the same project,
namely VBA, .NET, Python. What took me in VBA and C#.NET roughly two weeks -
and these are my 'native' programming environments - I finished in five days
in Pharo. If GUI and finalization will go smoothly, this will be a success.
I'm playing with Pharo for some time, but until now I haven't done any
serious work with it. Nice!

Best wishes,
Tomaz