I find I do the same sort of precautionary measure (and probably would do it
more if launcher supported this use case and helped me manage those snaphot
images) - I view it a bit like how TimeMachine lets you see previous versions
of files - yes the source code is versioned, but its just the useful execution
state and window layouts that are handy to hold on to. Equally, I don't need
too many of these images - and indeed want them to expire (but happy to manage
that myself - its just a simple counter, or time snapshot that would make this
very handy).

Thanks for mentioning it Cedrick

Tim