If you do, send me a message about what you're considering, and I can help
you choose.  I'm much more knowledgeable about CBs that the average person
-- especially about programming on them & using Linux on them.

Another nice thing about Chromebooks is that they're inexpensive.  Meaning,
you get a lot for the price.

They used to all be fairly low-performance "budget" devices, but they've
been catching on, and now pretty much all the manufacturers make a variety
of models.

What's really interesting are the "power user" models.  Google started the
trend by selling the "Pixel" model to attendees of their "Google I/O"
conferences, starting in 2013.  They did it again in 2015.  Both have
touchscreens -- they were the only ones at the time with T/S.

The 2015 model was available as an i5/8GB/32GB (cpu/ram/ssd -- they don't
have a lot of disk space because you're encouraged to save things in "the
cloud"; you get a lot of free Google Drive space as part of buying a CB).
Then there was the "LS" (Ludicrous Speed) model that's an i7/16GB/64GB.
(The CPU is a dual-core Broadwell mobile with HT enabled -- it's no slouch.)

The hardware, for the time, was second-to-none.  It was Google's way of
showing the world, "Look what you can do!" as well as a perk for power
users.  Now many of the mfgrs have high-end models, many of which are really
nice systems.

And for "content consumption", they're just as much an "appliance" as iPads.
Turn them on & go...  You can't break them.  Perfect for "the parents" or
anyone who's not tech-savvy.  But unlike iPad devices, you can conveniently
create content, such as emails, etc.

So the 2015 Pixel was too much for me to pass up...  I didn't go to Google
I/O, but you can always count on a percentage of recipients to flip them on
eBay.   Which they did, so I bought one.  It's been a good value, and the
hardware really is top-notch.

Of course I wasted no time in learning how to run Linux apps on them.  First
was "Crouton", a side project of a Google engineer.  That gave way to
"Crostini", an official Google project to add Linux, but in a container --
and a supported feature.  (Like many things Google, it's "in beta", but it
works well, so 'who cares?')

My wife got the 2015 Pixel LS when I got the base model of the Pixelbook
(i7/8GB/128GB) when it came out a couple of years ago -- Google gave them
more SSD so you can add your Linux development environments.

So I added all my Ubuntu tools, and Pharo Launcher, and my images...
Everything works, including file & network access.  (Linux containers share
a directory with the ChromeOS file system that's visible from the Chrome
environment.)

The only thing I needed to do was write a bash script that will enlarge the
cursor (because the Pixel/Pixelbook screens are hi-dpi, like my 7710) and
set the font size in my images to "Large".

That script is here:  https://github.com/tbrunz/pharo-support

-t