These are some useful inputs - its definitely getting to a place where a little
pocket money gives you a real environment to hobby deploy to (even
professionally if you are careful i guess).

Sven - presumably this Graviton setup is an EC2 instance - and so you patch
your own OS and provide any additional pieces like SSL cert etc right? (which I
know you are ace at doing - but I find that that I painfully learn how to do it
one month, and then 6 months later have to relearn it all again).

So I'm interested in how reasonable it is to live higher up the food chain -
where it seems that a Docker image insulates you (in theory) from a lot of
this. Is this true - and are options like dockerize.io (or others that perhaps
I am missing) viable options for the time constrained?

(really appreciate all the input in this thread everyone - its very instructive)

Tim