Not knowing your specific usage, this tends to happen if you have an instance
of class X, and then remove the class. To save the instance from going stale,
Smalltalk has always made an Obsolete class.

You can find the offending X instance by inspecting this:
ReferenceFinder findAllPathsTo: X allInstances first

This examines the first instance, you might want to print
X allInstances size
to see how big your issue is.

Also, perhaps you need to force a garbage collect first:
Smalltalk image garbageCollect

Tracing the back-references can be a bit overwhelming the first times. For me
the culprit has often been some global variable I thought I had under control.

Best,

Kasper