I’m far from being an expert but I think you misunderstood. Are you familiar
with the concept of instance variables and having trouble with the syntax or do
you need some help on the concept of instance variables ?

Assuming you are familiar with the concept, here are some explanation about the
syntax: in the Smalltalk example you gave, instance variables don’t show up in
methods; this example is just the Smalltalk way to declare a class with two
instance variables var1 and var2 (no method is declared here). The Pascal
example would translate to:

```
TTelevision subclass: #Television
    instanceVariableNames: 'Brightness Temperature'
    classVariableNames: ''
    package: 'MyTest'
```

Methods like Focus are declared in a separate way.

If you are new to Smalltalk and OOP, I suggest you take the Pharo MOOC
(https://www.fun-mooc.fr/en/courses/live-object-programming-pharo/) which will
help you a lot.

HTH,\
Mathieu