Dear all,

Pharo-Webview works on Windows 10 64-bit and Linux 64-bit (tested on Ubuntu 20.04). The needed webview.so dynamic library is available within the repository at https://github.com/eftomi/Pharo-Webview. On Linux use headless VM.

There's also a webview.dylib for MacOS if someone wants to try it (built on Monterey), however I wasn't successful on this platform, despite the fact that I tried TFWorker and TFMainThreadRunner approaches, too. I'm also not keen on Cocoa.

The library itself lacks a better support for webview create-destroy mechanisms although it could be upgraded. I achieved my needed functionality and unfortunatelly don't have time to continue. Maybe I'll continue in next months, but according to my experiences so far it would be better to choose a slightly heavier but cleaner Photino (https://www.tryphotino.io/) or something else. Or maybe to work on pure Pharo approach :-)

One of the interesting challenges is a double nature of Pharo - interactive and "headless" mode - meaning that the application runs without Pharo GUI. It'd be nice if both approaches would be possible. The library that I used builds on the headless idea, where the main GUI loop is supposed to be taken over by the webview, which is the main reason for "create-destroy" challenge if you use it interactively. This multiplied by USER32.DLL, Gtk3, and Cocoa ...

Best wishes,
Tomaz