As long as you guys care to do this in our public forum, expect your
discussion to be butted in on.

So Dan's beef is business, and he's right.  Period.  If Bob couldn't treat
all his customers with the same decency, respect, and service, then forget
him.

Peter's defense of his friend is personal, and he's right.  Period.  A
deeper glimpse into the reality of Bob and the life he led certainly biases
any newly-forming opinions and/or perspectives from those of us who knew
little or nothing about the man.

But Dan's choice of quoting someone else's opinion is just that, and nothing
more.  If it were published by the person who originally said it, that's
slanderous.  If it were an opinion explicitly expressed in this forum by Dan
himself, that would be slanderous.  But it's neither -- it's simply a quote
that Dan uses to back up his own assertions and experiences.  So what?

Lastly, the choice of writing 5 paragraphs on the subject with points that
invite response and then trying to force the conversation closed strikes me
as closed-minded and immature, even if I agree with the premise it hides
behind.  Enough, indeed.

-Robert