Glenn,
The horn is a reproduction and the case has been refinished. No
modifications are or were needed to put this carriage on a Model B. As
to why someone would set up this way is anyone's best guess. The
person probably had these parts available to make the machine complete
to sell. Depending on what you are paying for it, I think their are
better machines available which you won't have to fuss around with and
are in more "original condition".
Steve