Yes, originality is the desired goal and is getting more difficult to find as
time goes by.  I feel sorry for the newbies entering the hobby today who
strive for this.  Just this month on eBay was a "never been played brown wax
record" in a ratty Gold Molded box and an Edison Electric Phonograph which is
an M
motor base with a late Model A Triumph topworks that has craftsman added idler
pulleys to the topworks but with no pulley stanchions and a serial number on
a patent plate way to high.

I really do miss the golden days when I would answer an ad for a phonograph
in the newspaper.  One was for an Amberola DX which I still own.  It read
simply Edison Amberola $275 which in 1965 was rather high but I called and went
anyway.  The very old couple selling the machine had it sitting on a curved
front
Hertzog matching oak record cabinet full of desirable titles of Blue
Amberols.  I asked them what they wanted for the cabinet and they said nothing
since
it went with the phonograph.  I told them the combination was worth much more.
They simply would not take more than $275.  As I was packing my new treasures
I asked what was so special about the figure $275 and they responded that was
what the vet's bill was for their cocker spaniel to get a new gold tooth!

Regards to All and may all your finds be rare ones...

Al

Read reviews on AOL Autos.
(http://autos.aol.com/cars-Volkswagen-Jetta-2009/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00030000000007
 )