I have had success shipping cylinders in PVC pipe. I first put paper towels or some other support paper in the core of the record before putting the record in its box. I then wrap the cylinder boxes in bubble wrap and then put them in 5" diameter PVC pipe (thin wall to minimize weight) which is cut to 6" length. Then I package the PVC pieces (one or more cylinders) in a box with suitable peanuts for shipping. To date I have not had one get broken.