Steve-
FedEx does not always use kid gloves when handling packages. During this past year I shipped a banner front Edison Home in 3 boxes with each carefully packed to withstand any rough handling. One box was for the case, one for the mechanism and one for the horn. The mechanism was badly damaged when the tines of a fork lift went completely through the center of its box. The motor frame was broken into pieces and the bolts holding the motor frame to the bedplate were sheared off. It was the last time I shipped a machine via FedEx!
Bill