The level of aggravation involved with selling anything is sufficiently high that I usually just trash it instead. The general exception is if I can eBay the item and then if its unique and/or fragile that is a pain also as the seller is never interested in paying the actual shipping costs.

Dan Kj wrote:
I understand how you might feel, yet can also speak from a seller's position : until I get cash in hand, the thing is open to all comers. I tried like Heck to sell an old van, some months ago. Dozens of emails, dozens of calls, dozens of liars who promised to visit yet never showed up. Then there were the low-ball-bastards, offering $200 when I was asking $1200, and the YES I MUST HAVE THIS PLEASE HOLD THIS WHILE I GET THE CASH guys who couldn't rub 2 quarters together.

While I waited for one flakey kid to scrape up $500, an earlier prospect put $800 cash in my hand. Money talks, etc ....

----- Original Message ----- From: "john robles" <john9...@pacbell.net>
I need to rant. I have been made a sucker. I sold my nice mahogany Victrola XVI in order to buy a Victrola XIV in beautifully grained American Walnut on Craigslist. The deal was made a few days ago (all documented in email) and I was set to drive down to San Clemente tomorrow to get it. Tonight the seller writes me and says "Hi John, I'm sorry to say this but I have another offer on the
Victrola for $600. The collector thAt looked at it said it has an
uncommon walnut finish. Anyway, I am giving him until next weekend to
pay/pickup. I'm sorry for any inconvience this may have cause you. Good
luck to you."
So I sold my nice XVI for nothing. And the seller reneged on a done deal because she got a better offer (by the way, her ad asked for $450 and I agreed to pay that). The other collector is going to find out that it isn't Circassian, and I hope he renegs on her. I reported her to Craigslist for gogn back on the deal. Obviously I am very unhappy about this. I just wanted to vent. Thank you for listening! Now I have to find a nice victrola to replace my XVI...
.org