I just picked up a Lakeside cylinder phono this week and am looking for some information about this model. The closest model I can find referenced is the U.S. Phonograph Company 'Rex' shown on page 188 in The Talking Machine 1877-1929, and I haven't been able to find anything like this on the internet.

http://www.gifarmer.com/phono/lakeside1_550h.jpg

http://www.gifarmer.com/phono/lakeside2_550h.jpg

http://www.gifarmer.com/phono/lakeside3_550h.jpg

http://www.gifarmer.com/phono/lakeside5_550h.jpg

http://www.gifarmer.com/phono/lakeside7_550h.jpg

http://www.gifarmer.com/phono/lakeside8_550h.jpg

The brass tag on the bedplate says:
PATENTED IN U.S.
AND FOREIGN COUNTRIES
A.A.139

From all this, I'm assuming A.A. 139 is a serial number, or could it be a
model number?

All the parts look original to me and the machine runs but needs to be cleaned. A curiosity is the factory cut out in the cabinet to allow a record to be put on/off the mandrel, and the associated curved piece of wood attached to the lid that fills this cut out when the lid is closed.

Obviously, whatever covered the area around the bedplate is missing. I'd really like to know what this looked like, or if anyone has one of these covers I could buy or copy. I don't know if the cover was wood or metal, but there are some screw holes for it in the wood supports in front of the bedplate and behind the bedplate.

Also, I suspect there was a tin cover over the spring area, as in the Rex shown in the book. Does anybody have one of these?

Any help or information would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Greg Farmer